Get prepared and know what is going to happen at court before you get there with the straight-talking Handbook “How Do I Defend Myself At Court”.
Get no-nonsense explanations of the different stages of the criminal court process in England and Wales. Free online updates and extra material in the Members’ Area.
Get jargon-free help whether you’re going it alone and representing yourself or you just want to know more about how criminal courts work.
Here are just a few of the chapters:
- How Do I Know What Criminal Offences I Have Been Charged With?
- Who’s Who at the Magistrates’ Court and the Crown Court?
- What Will Happen At My Very First Court Appearance?
- What Will Happen If My Case Is Sent To The Crown Court?
- Trials and Sentencing
- If I’m wrongly convicted, can I appeal?
- How do I appeal against my sentence?
- How Can I Get Help From A Criminal Lawyer?